Sunday, 17 May 2009

Pilot - People I Know.

Writing really does take the piss. Even though I enjoy it - time is never on my side.
Diaries;- I use to keep them, but someone ALWAYS ends up finding them. 

So - blogging it is. Wahey. 

I met an old friend today. And yes - a genuine friend. I don't call many people friends although they might think they are.
Convenience of place and time does not mean people are friends. College for instance: how many people are going to stick it out afterwards? Actually BOTHER to maintain contact? Not many. Not many at all. 
But yes, this genuine friend. Been on her travels and actually inspired me a little to carry on with unfinished business. You'd be surprised how much I procrastinate. Inspiration and motivation - God bless Anthony Robbins (even though you are a quick fix, I buy everything and cherish your amazing jawline). 

I've been thinking a lot lately. People do not prioritise. People do not know what is good for them and invest time into the wrong things. I hate the fact I am around these people 24/7. But yes, I know what you're thinking - Rabia does this too. Rabia is aware of this and Rabia is trying to sort this out :)

I've realised that Landau might have been a lot of hard work but isn't my best achievement. I hate how Landau tries to change you without you realising it. How you play along with the dirty games people come up with and at the end of the day, are disgusted at yourself by your antics and hypocrisy. I know why people do it - to play it safe. It's understandable. People are liberated by the fact that playing it safe is good! is easy and is the best option to success! But it's not. Is it reader? 

So do the right thing, dumbass sheep:

1) Don't say hi to people you mildly know in the corridors and are weary about saying hi to. Chances are, they don't really give a shit about you, and if they did - they would have bothered first. 


2) Don't tell people you've known for a little while you love them. The only people you love are your mum or your dad. Mostly your mum. Probably your bro and sis too if you didn't want to kill them all the time...( oh wait...unconditional love...I get it!) I don't think you can fall in 'love' at 17. Even with your 'friends'.

3) Don't wear your heart on your sleeve. There are a lot of things people don't know about me and I like to keep it that way. In fact, the things people DO know, are probably little white lies that they want to hear to make themselves feel 'special'. 

4) If you say you don't care - MEAN IT. Don't buy new clothes or new makeup and dress to impress for a silly little thing called COLLEGE, thinking you don't give a shit about what people think when obviously love - the true intentions for clothes and makeup you are wearing scream OTHERWISE. 


4b) To improve your sense of 'not giving a fuck' ness - do little things in your own time to improve this. For instance - sitting by yourself at dinnertime. Running around like a twat in the streets. Or my personal favourite: saying what you feel about a person with the result of them giving you hell. It's soul making.

5) Don't talk about anyone else. It's hard, and I hear it all the time, but there are better things to talk about. It shows weakness. Insecurities. Insecure people, are not good to be around with. It doesn't give a good impression and it shows horrible things about you: Jealousy. Frustration. Stupidity which all equal- INSECURITIES. Unfortunately, I am surrounded by insecure people, and for a while, I think I turned into one. Good...god. 


On a lighter note - if your reaction to this is 'Good, I don't do that!' = INSECURE!. 
Quite funny if you ask me =] 

So, now onto some good old Othello revision for Wednesday. 

Peace. 



4 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is quite good actually. True about it being awkward saying hi to people you barely know - I've been in that situation about 200 times this week at Chellaston and I can vouch for the fact that not saying hi is probably worse, but that's my life. Anyway, hope you don't mind me reading this, it is the Internet after all - you can read my blog if you want, which you may not. Landau seems a lot like prison.

Chris :D

P.S. I eat lunch alone - didn't realise I was making a statement; guess that's a bonus. "Damn you conformists."

Chris A said...

First off, sorry for a massive comment, I get carried away writing, and then feel like cutting it down is killing it. =/

Your problem with diaries is that people find them (and presumably read them)...so you write a blog. Is it only me seeing the irony? ;)

Nah, good on you for actually writing down lots of the stuff that most of us just think.

Meh, friend is used too much 'cause in this modern day and age it seems harsh to call someone "an acquaintance", or even just "someone who I couldn't be bothered to say no to on Facebook". I don't think that detracts from what real friendship is-for a start a friend will surely forgive you if you call them "an acquaintance" (if not the other option).

And yes, I agree, as a species and in general we are almost universally shallow and will stick to the easy option, rather than make the bold step out into the light. There are, however, every now and again, people and moments in which things do happen, and on that note, I think that's a pretty damn good list for not letting ourselves waste our lives being boring people :).

I think I've got to defend saying Hi in the corridors and other pleasantries, though. In the end, I don't think I mind too much whether a 'friend' is only a friend for a short period, whether a person's greeting is completely heartfelt or not, or whether we fail to make some massive change to the world, because in the end life is short and any connection at all we make with any one of the 6.7 billion people on this planet, friend, or acquaintance, or random person on Facebook, however fleeting, and however meaningless in the long term, is wonderful.

Anonymous said...

I saw the irony :D

Rabia said...

Well, I am fully aware that this was meant to be read and of course some things need to be said rather than hidden.
Fickle people Chris :P I have never encountered such a breed of fickle people till I enrolled at Landau! Therefore, being new to this, I am sick of this. On the other hand, I think I've met some pretty amazing people as well :) So, thankyou for your opinion as I appreciate the fact that you have an unbiased view and have taken the time to read this. :)

About Me

My photo
Rabia and her amazing life.

Followers